My version of the classic. I use it for so many things. I marinate chicken and fish in it before grilling and then serve a little of it on them. I top baked potatoes with it. The possibilities are endless and this stuff lasts for weeks in the refrigerator. Once you realize how easy it is to make it fresh you’ll never buy it again.
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed
- 2 italian frying peppers or Anaheim peppers, seeded & chopped
- 2 small or 1 large jalapeño peppers, seeded & chopped (for mild to medium heat)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 cups fresh peeled, seeded, chopped tomatoes OR 1 whole box Pomi chopped roma tomatoes OR 1 large can chopped tomatoes, drained
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- few drops tobasco sauce (to taste)
Combine everything and stir well, or shake. Let sit for at least 30 minutes before servign. Adjust salt as necessary. ZERO POINTS!!!